Friday, January 22, 2010

Websites to Aid in the Search for a Career in Canada

I've started looking for work - due to relocating from Calgary to the Lower Mainland BC - and I started by creating a list of companies I'd want to work for. Here are some links to sites that help a job seeker make a list of quality companies to target in a job search.

Top 100 companies to work for in Canada. - lists the best companies in Canada and it's provinces to work for. It also provides lots of information on the companies, what they do, where they are, why they are the best, a bit of history and any current online job postings.

BC Business - has their own top businesses to work for in BC. The lists are smaller and divided into less than 100 employees and more than 100 employees.

Canada Business Magazine - has their own list of top businesses to work for.

Alberta Venture Magazine - has a variety of lists of top businesses and lots of background information on what is happening in the business world there.

Alberta Oilweek Magazine - for those wanting to find work in Alberta's Oilfeild... keep abreast of what is happening in the industry.

Alberta Oil Magazine - if you want to work in the oil patch then get to know the who's who and what's what.

June Warren Publishing - for everything and anything on the oilpatch in Alberta

Business in Vancouver - have published a Book of Profiles of the who's who in Vancouver Business.

Canpages - If you want to target certain industries in a certain geographical area you can easily find a list of all the companies. Search by heading and area use the map features to either condense or expand your geographical choices.

2 comments:

Flexible Packaging Companies said...

Thank you for all the great posts from last year! I look forward to reading your blog, because they are always full of information that I can put to use. Thank you again, and God bless you in 2010.

Goose Down said...

Great Blog With Good informative details. Few days back i moved to Toronto and this blog give me good information about companies and they interview process. I would like to more here from you.

Shout Me - Share Me

Facebook Like