Ok I finally got a great position in an industry I'm extremely passionate about, advertising! I've been through 2 weeks of training and my first day cold calling a list of 60 was able to book 6 appointments and sold an ad on my first day in the field....... so now can I sleep???
I've been so stressed about having to go through training and make minimum quotas in sales that I've had lots of sleepless night and have not been eating right. Why do I do this to myself? I always overbook myself, stress myself out wanting to be the best and I make myself sick.
It's not the work that stresses me out but the reviews of performance, getting scripts approved, and hitting sales quotas that has me up at night. This is the first job where I have a comprehensive training course and consistent performance reviews. I could hear the word 'no' over and over, in fact in my line of work I hear 'no' everyday and it doesn't phase me..... but not approve a script I've written out or have a critism of my way of doing things and I'm in knots.
I realize in two weeks these sleepless nights are going to be a bad memory but until then.... pass the nytol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
A new study of 1,000 workers in Europe found that stressful jobs accounted for 45 per cent of new cases of depression. The factors which the scientists isolated as being especially important were excessive demands on the job and extreme time pressures. Not only did they find that these workers, with an average age of 32, were experiencing a high percentage of job-related stress-induced depression, but there appeared to be a 40 percent increase in reports from workers of job stress. http://www.xanax-effects.com/
Post a Comment