Monday, March 2, 2009

Kijiji Website - Does it work?

I have often wondered if a free site like kijiji works for small business people advertising their services. So I thought I'd check kijiji out for myself and see if I could get quality leads from the site.

I advertised for an automotive service company called Summit Automotive, its a small one man repair shop. In one ad I didn't put any limits on the type of vehicle that he worked on and he received calls for jobs he wouldn't do: Older cars that weren't maintained and needed major overhauls. In another ad I wrote what types of vehicles he worked on and that he did NOT work on anything older than 10 years. He received no calls although there were 21 hits for the ad.

From this small experiment I would conclude that yes there is traffic and yes you can get calls but from people who are very price oriented.

As a small business owner advertising on kijiji, what has your experience on kijiji been like? What is the quality of the lead that is generated? Are they looking for quality work or low prices? Are they willing to pay for your service or want to haggle? Is the quality of work you've been booking what you want for your time and business?

Online Directories do they work?

kijiji

1 comment:

business loans said...

It is very interesting article here. I look forward to reading these blogs, they always intrigue and interest me. Thanks for keeping us informed. I enjoyed here. I will visit this site in future too.business loans

Shout Me - Share Me

Facebook Like