Complainers are everywhere they can identify obvious problems easily and tell everyone about it. Problem solvers are rare and valuable to have in your business. When these people talk about problems they don't focus on how the problem effects them but on how they can solve the problem.
I know I'm spouting out the obvious here, but I'm sick of complainers that rock the boat and make everything worse for everyone. When someone complains, and are very verbal about it, there are consequences for everyone involved. Some organizations, like schools, will create policies that come out of flippant complaints and these policies make it harder for other parents. These parents turn around and complain and another policy is put into place. Before you know it, the kids don't know which way is up or which way is down and their whole schedule is off. Complainers think only of themselves and not the far reaching implications of their words and actions.
I love problem solvers, these people take an issue, look at all the ramifications and take into account the resources they have and need to come up with the best solution. Compromise and diplomacy rule with problem solvers even when they get frustrated and feel attacked by the complainers. There are few problem solvers in my world and I truly value them as people and friends.
Leaders and great people were not complainers, they were problem solvers. They saw an issue and fought for it. They rocked the boat with their words and actions but their words were always for the greater good and NOT just themselves. Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Abraham Lincoln all stood for something outside themselves, they saw a problem and came up with a solution. Most of which meant a collapse of the way things were and a rebuilding of society for the better. They identified the problem, came up with a solution, and put their lives on the line for the good of others.
I want to be a leader, a problem solver, a better person for society. I educate and raise my children to be the same, to find a solution not just whine about the problem. To think of others and how their words effect the larger picture. To have a positive attitude but not a selfish positive attitude.
Karma and Consequences..... This is a really interesting view of health attitudes and the attitudes of economists / mortgage specialists.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment