I went to eat lunch at a chain family restaurant and wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to order. Have you ever asked your server what they recommended and they weren't sure? Every server should sample every dish on the menu .... especially the specials. Employees should have a first hand knowledge about the companies products and services.
There is no better way of marketing then word of mouth and recommendations. Your employees should be spouting off all the benefits of your service and product to everyone because they use it, believe in it, and know it.
As an employer the restaurant should be ensuring their employees have tried everything they can on the menu. They need to know that their servers can recommend their favorites and increase sales by offering up add ons that they know will make the clients meal that much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I tend to think, when situations like that happen, that maybe the server is just new, etc. but you're right, it should be an integral part of their training. For an indecisive but picky person like me who likes to try out new dining places, just a small mistake like that can also make a difference on whether or not I'll come back again.
Post a Comment