This is something I already knew, but to be reminded is always good because like I stated before I can go off on more than one tangent. So if you are a woman who works from home or would like to work from home, you are within my target audience. If you are a corporate dude or college student hoping to enter corporate America, or Canada, then you lie outside my target. I can expand my target by marketing to men who work from home or want to work from home but to start marketing to corporate lifers would be a waste of time and money.
Identifying your target market is the first thing you need to do. If the market is too small then expand it but keep the main criteria the same. For example, if you sell Health Products to Mothers then expanding your target to include other women or even men would make sense. Writing a blog on Caribbean Cruises would not help your bottom line. You can always write about Caribbean Cruises just don't expect that traffic to convert to sales. If you want sales on a Health Product, Blog about Health.
Keep reviewing your marketing plan, make sure you are on target, if not ask yourself why not and how you will get back there. If your target market is too small, figure out how to expand the market keeping your focus on the original market but including more of the marketplace. Don't split yourself or your focus.


No comments:
Post a Comment