My husband would use the old advertising method, the bargain finder paper, and the van never sold, he never even got a call.
My husband is a good mechanic and really meticulus when it comes to details. He is understands mechanical things that I will never understand. His analitical mind and attention to detail make him a wonderful mechanic. He understands how to run things efficiently with processes. His analytical mind sometimes keeps him inside the box and doing what has worked in the past.
Thing is there are other ways to do things, other ways to market yourself and your product. I turned to what I've learned in a very short period, squidoo, kijiji, and facebook. I posted free ads on both kijiji and facebook with links to a squidoo page I created to educated prospects on my product. I received an email in less than an hour, I had a number of emails within 24 hours and one person who came to see the vehicle, that person bought it.
Of course timing has everything to do with it. I had placed the ad at the right time, in the right place for the person who was looking for what I had. What I liked about it is that I could measure the level of interest at each step. I knew how many hits I had on kijiji and facebook, I knew how many of them were interested enough to click and go to squidoo to find out more, I knew how many of those prospects were interested enough to click on a link to look at the 40 pictures of the van on Flickr. I knew how many people were interested enough to email me and I only had 3 phone calls to make.
Kijiji, Facebook, and squidoo made it easy for me to see where the interest was. It is easier for people to check on the internet for what they want then to go and purchase a buy and sell p


No comments:
Post a Comment