It doesn't matter if you are in a Corporate position or working from home, whether you are in direct sales or if an Internet business, image is important. Video is cool right, what a great way to get your message across. You Tube is filled with MLM, direct marketing, Internet marketing etc. videos. Some are polished and professional, but the bulk of them are terrible. Image matters at all times, how you look, what's behind you and the quality of the video or picture matter.
As you can tell, there is no picture of me here. It's not because I don't have a face, I do. I haven't had a professional business photo done recently, the last one being over 5 years old and I don't have rights to it. I could just have a picture taken by my 8 year old with our digital camera and post it here. Most people do just that, but how business like would that be?
If you want to be taken seriously, you have to be presentable. I'm not saying you need to be a knock out, drop dead gorgeous person, but you do need to be presentable. Hair done, make up on (girls only), smile on your face, professional apparel, and it would be best if it you had a professional photographer or videographer, NOT your little web cam.
If you don't have the means (the cashola) to have a professional quality image or video, then find a different method then You Tube until you do.
If you are trying to convince someone that they can make a lot of money doing it your way and you don't fit the image of success and professionalism, you will be passed over. There are a lot of businesses out there, a lot of opportunities and more information and websites then you can comprehend in a lifetime, so you need to stand out. People are visual, they will look and make a decision in less than a minute whether you are worth listening to or not. If you are not polished and your image is less than professional, they will not listen and keep going to the next person selling the same thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment