Friday, February 1, 2008

Amazing Memory Makes for Amazing Service

I took my kids to the dentist yesterday, which on the surface seems uneventful for a business blog. It had been 3.5 years since our last visit and my kids had changed a lot. When we walked into the newly renovated front waiting room the front girl, Karen, looked up and said "hello Shannon and how are Carter and Kennedy today."

Now at first glance you may be thinking, well she knew you were coming that's how she remembered you. What if I told you that throughout the years I'd stopped in on occasion to request donations for the local soccer bar b que and to drop off some literature. Not often, about once a year, and every time I'd walk in Karen would look up and say "hi Shannon and how is the Allen family doing?" My last name is Peel but the rest of my family is Allen so it remarkable that she puts one and two together, not even the school does and they see me on a regular basis.

The fact that I do not have to say "Carter and Kennedy to see Dr. Townsend," instead she smiles as we walk in and greets us is amazing customer service. To know who I am when I drop in occasionally throughout the years is an amazing memory. I have never seen Karen in a bad mood, she's never been snippy or abrupt, she is always cheerful and friendly. She is the face of the dental office and her remarkable memory combined with her cheerful attitude make her a priceless asset to the office's marketing. I hope they pay her very very well.


Save up to 50% on Postcards with PsPrint

No comments:

Shout Me - Share Me

Facebook Like