Sunday, February 24, 2008

It is Not that you Can't Afford to Stay Home, It is that You Don't Know How

I often hear new moms say they want to stay home but they can't afford to. Really, I believe that it is more a matter of not knowing how to stay home. You first need to be really honest with yourself, do you really want to stay home or is it a fleeting wish because you actually would rather work.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with either working outside the home, working inside the home or being a stay at home mom. If you have strong feelings about about one option being right over the other, are you sure you've made the right choice?

Every family situation is different, every woman is different and what is right for one child isn't always right for the other. For example, my son would perk up when visiting daycares I was interviewing before I went back to work. My daughter was very clingy and needed me home. Decisions were made based on what each child needed and where we were in life.

I found ways to earn enough money to stay home. Childcare was the most profitable and the most stressful, left me burnt out in the end. My husband started an automotive repair business that I marketed for him and he was in high demand before he decided on a career change. I am home with my children again doing what I can to make money to help make ends meet while he's up North flying.

What works for us, won't necessarily work for you. You need to first establish how much you will need to make to get by. Then you can start looking for options that will provide you with that amount of money. You will only make what you put in so if you want to stay home to play with the kids and have coffee with the neighbour and not do the hard work to bring in money then you won't. If you are willing to designate time to a business or a work from home job, then you will make money.

There are lots of choices out there. To check out some of them, go to the articles section for reviews on various work at home opportunities.


Make $1000's From Your Websites!

No comments:

Shout Me - Share Me

Facebook Like