The company I just purchased comes with lots of inventory, lots of which I want to blow out to reduce the amount.
I have put some stuff on ebay and ecrater to get an idea about how well these things sell or don't sell online.
Issue one: I don't have a rating because I haven't sold anything on ebay or ecrater yet, I do have a rating on ioffer but the amount of actual sales is low.
Issue two: For auction I have posted a below market price to gain interest, and have not received too much yet.
I think that selling online will take time and isn't something you can expect to utilize to move merchandise right off the bat. Especially if your merchandise is specialized for a smaller niche market.
So where can someone sell online?
1. Ebay - the largest marketplace and the most expensive depending on what method you utilize to sell your items. Auction or buy now, a store will cost you $15.95/ month plus insertion fees and selling fees.
2. Ecrater - the cheapest and the amount of hits is low. It's free to post items, you receive your own store and your items do show up in the marketplace. You do have options of the color of your store but the layout of every store is the same.
3. Etsy - .20 for each item and everything must be handmade. The site looks nice and you do receive a store for your items.
4. ioffer - Cheap and easy as you can transfer your items from ebay and your ebay rating to ioffer. A store is free and your items do get lots of hits from the marketplace.
Other online marketplaces are:
Ebid.com
Ubid.com
Overstocked.com
Kijiji.com
Craigslist.com
Do you sell on one of these online marketplaces, what's your experience?


4 comments:
Great blog! Ubid on Ebay is the best online auction site where one can make extra money by selling goods and services on ebay. I recommend that this is the best online auction site to make great money.
Hi I have an ecrater store and I make and sell unique hand painted silk scarves, pillows and wraps. I never sold on ebay, but I like ecrater. It is very easy to set up a store and the best thing about ecrater is that it is free. They use google checkout and paypal. I have sold over $500 worth of items at my ecrater store this year. I also like that they make it easier for customers to buy from your store. The customer does not have to register an account or sign in with a password in order to shop.My ecrater store is called colorsofsilk.ecrater.com
Ioffer and ebay are very similar. If you are going to post only couple items then do it on ebay because a dollar or two more won't hurt... If you have a lot of it then go to Ioffer or even better set up a store on Ecrater...
here is mine
http://azdeals.ecrater.com/
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.This is great post keep updating me.Thanks for the great reading, small business loans . I will pass this on to our Ira clients to read. I found this great website for free online service. business loans
Post a Comment