I can't seem to get it together today. The sad part is that today is not the only day I've had like this lately - its the stress.
The stress of moving to a new province. The stress of finding a place to stay. The stress of not enough money. The stress of hitting quotas at work and the stress of my son's educational needs. It's a little much.
Today I woke up after a good sleep and couldn't get moving. When I finally got going I forgot my books, then the kids lunches, then I forgot to drop the lunches off at the school as I flew by it. Every time I turned around was more wasted time, more frustration, and more exhaustion.
I love my job and when I was able to focus on it without distraction I was doing really well. Then I compared my results to others and that was mistake 1. Comparing for competition drives some sales people. For me it showed that my AVO was way too low, while others was higher. I was working harder then others and making less. Mistake 2 was letting it get to me and Mistake 3 was getting involved in the office gossip and swamp.
Moving was my husband's idea, he had it with the Calgary weather and with his business slowing down he decided it was time to head home. Change is always stressful, especially when you are moving 12 hours away and have 9 years to pack up. The deadline is looming and I am no where near packed up. Moving is also expensive and with my husband shutting down his income generation early it means I'm now responsible for all the household expenses..... and my 10 year old just had a huge growth spurt!
My son is an amazing child and his school is concerned about his future education. The calls to inform me of what he needs and how gifted he is are wonderful but also stressful. (see link for more on why)
Can I overcome it? Of course I can I always bounce back. I have to take a good look at myself and how I am presenting the product. I need to start eating healthier and getting some activity in my life. It all comes down to me not the training I was expecting to receive. I need to go out and find the knowledge to gain the skill set, I need to practice, and I need to move forward.
The only thing standing in my way is the stress. The foggy mind and the low energy. Can I change the course I'm on? I can do it, its always been just a matter of how! I am big on making plans, as my readers of business plans already know. With an afternoon of taking a minute and making lists, plans, and measuring results I will be able to turn this around.
Maybe this Venti triple low fat vanilla latte from Starbucks is the ticket!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment