Monday, July 20, 2009

Goodbye Canpages - For Now

This move has been anything but easy. I am now officially homeless, unemployed, and kid less - as my kids are in the Okanagan. The good news is there are more rentals opening up since the real estate market has heated up here and I should have a home by tomorrow. If my husband can stop being so picky at least! I'm tired of living out of a cardboard box in my car and not knowing what relative we'll be mooching off at night.

My time at Canpages has come to an end, hopefully only temporary but time will tell. My time there was very valuable because I learned a lot about local advertising and small business. I still believe that Canpages is a necessity in the Canadian Directory market otherwise advertisers and users would still have a mediocre product at a high price.

The Canpages online directory is the best online directory and any business owner who hasn't taken advantage of the free business profile yet is loosing out on attracting more clients to their business. So get it off the to do list and go to the Canpages website to claim your listing.

Canpages understands that the only thing of value in the online world is innovation and lots of it. Canpages is always adding innovative features to its online directory and buying up smaller competitors.

Any small business owner that thinks he won't benefit from Advertising with Canpages is mistaken and needs to find out why. Feel free to email me at carennedy@gmail.com to find out more. I don't work there any more so don't worry - I can't try to sell you anything only give you information.

I don't know what my future holds but I do know that God is in the driver's seat. For now I'll enjoy my summer chillaxin' (my son's latest word) with my kids at the great beaches of the Lower Mainland. Once settled into our new home I'll take a look at the job market here. I may not be thrilled about looking for work again, but I know I'll end up where I'm meant to be. So, here I am in BC again God - If you want me here can we get on with life already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Canpages Sucks Especially in Ontario. Their Gustapo way of treating the reps that built them up in the first place is second to none. I think there is a big diffrence between how employees are treated in the east and the west. NIGHT & DAY. BTW all their directories are turning in flyers and publication dates moved.

Shout Me - Share Me

Facebook Like