I feel like I'm going nuts. Technically we are homeless and staying with my in laws in a small cramped space. If this has taught me anything it's that collecting stuff is not for those who live in small spaces. Keeping from getting on everyones last nerve is near impossible and living like this is a test in tact and polite communication. Sometimes its best to keep your opinions to yourself.
We are out looking at homes daily and I finally had enough of the negativity and nit picking. My husband can see every imperfection from a mile away so I established a positives first rule. My husband is very detail oriented and checks everything he does not once, not twice but three times to make sure its perfect. Don't get me wrong this is a good thing in the long run because he catches everything I miss, which is everything! However, when your looking for a place to live it is better to see the positives of the property first then the negatives, otherwise you'll never find a place.
Perfection is an ideal and is very subjective. Perfection to one person is easily imperfection to another. Expecting perfection in life will only lead to misery because things rarely just fall into place. Life is easier for those who are flexible, creative problem solvers that can make anything out of nothing than it is for those who want everything a certain way.
Its easy to point out the negatives, not so easy to comment on the positives first. For me listing the positives has become a habit, how else would you explain enjoying my 12 years in Calgary weather and all? Recently, my daughter told me that daddy was going to be happy now and she was sorry that I wouldn't be because I liked Calgary. I explained to her that I focused on the good of Cagary and not the bad so that's why I was happy there and I would do the same at the coast (in BC). Its all how you look at something, even the weather and the traffic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment