Unfortunatly, I cannot wait forever for a position to open up at Canpages again. I have to help contribute to the family's finances, especially with the higher house prices in the Lower Mainland. So as much as I hate to, I have to start looking for work again.
The first step for looking for any job is to know exactly what I want from a position. This will help me focus my efforts on postings that match my skills and my needs. Without this type of a list I will waste more time interviewing for positions that I don't want and may end up in a position that doesn't fit. It's the difference between shooting at something with a shot gun and a rifle, both do the same job one is less messy and hits closer to the mark.
I do the same thing when looking for a house, I make a long wish list of everything I want in a home first. I won't get everything, especially at my price point, but knowing what I want and what I will compromise on is better than having no clue. I can waste time looking at less then perfect options or I can focus my efforst on those homes that meet the criteria I've set out.
So what's the perfect position for me?
One that is flexible with time and enables me to work from home part of the time so I can get my kids to and from school without daycare. I would be willing to compromise if I could start at 9:00-9:30 so I am getting my kids to school in the morning and daycare in the afternoon.
A position that I find challenging that is filled with research, planning, facilitating, public speaking, promoting, and creative problem solving.
I would love a position that enabled me to promote a company to the marketplace through public speaking, networking, and writing.
I would love a position that facilitated the logistics of events, corporate change, or personal change. A position that would enable me to manage, plan, and oversee projects, events, or relocations.
A position that would value my lead generating skills, relationship building, and customer service skills.
A position with a company that valued its employees and cared about keeping their employees within the organization. A company that saw value and communicated that with its employees. A company filled with management I could respect for their knowledge, experience, integrity, and values.
Although I cringe at the thought of pounding the pavement, I know it has to be done. So let the adventure begin....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment